Should you rent or sell your home?
Are you worried you’ll make the wrong financial move? Here’s how to make the right decision.
Get out some paper and pencil and ask yourself a few key questions. This will help make the “sell vs. rent my home” decision much easier. Here are a few questions to consider:
- What is your financial situation?
- What are the market conditions like for rental homes in your neighborhood?
- Write down the top 5 "must haves" you want for your future housing/living situation in the next 5-10 years.
- Do you see yourself returning to your current home in the future?
- What is your understanding of what's required to be a landlord?
- How well have you researched the impact of state and federal income taxes?
- Is the current housing market a "Hot" market for selling?